2011 CHATEAU QUINTUS
One of the characteristics of 2011 was an extremely dry spring. Based on the measured rainfall in April, May and June this was the driest spring since 1949. Happily, summer brought some rain which allowed the vine to continue its growth. With a dry September, we were able to harvest in optimal conditions.
- Harvest Dates: From 12th to 27th of September
- Blend : Merlot Noir : 50% ; Cabernet Franc : 50 %.
- Yield: 35.4 hl / ha
- Percentage of production: 28 %
- New barrels: 40%
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Bottling date: May 14th 2013
- Production: 1460 cases of 12 bottles (estimation).
Beautiful deep red colour with mauve highlights. Concentrated, very ripe nose with hints of black fruit and cocoa. Very full and supple on the palate. It is stunning that a wine this young is so round, with a certain harmony seemingly impervious to distortion—a sweet sensation which is the sign of maturity certainly plays a role here. Aromatic finish.