2014 Le Dragon de Quintus
2014 was marked by an extraordinary Indian summer that saved the vintage. Fine spring weather was conducive to a good start to the growing season. However, challenging summer conditions seriously slowed down ripening. Fortunately, the month of September was absolutely beautiful, with dry, extremely sunny weather accompanied by highs of close to 30°C. This superb weather, with cool night-time temperatures, enabled the grapes to ripen beautifully, and they were able to be brought into the vat house having reached a perfect level of ripeness.
- Harvest Dates: From September 29th to October 8th
- Blend: Merlot Noir: 77% ; Cabernet Franc: 23%
- Yield: 25.1 hl / ha
- Percentage of production : 29%
- New barrels: 30%
- Alcohol: 14.30% (temporary)
- Bottling date: Still Ageing
- Production: 1900 cases of 12 bottles (estimation).
The very expressive bouquet shows attractive hints of cherry and raspberry. The wine is ethereal on the palate, with beautiful freshness that highlights the delicious fruitiness. The long aftertaste confirms the overall charm and attractiveness.